Sunday, July 30, 2017

REACHING THE ONE

 Last Thursday we celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary.  We were both a bit surprised as we realized that we have been full-time missionaries on each of our last six wedding anniversaries.  I may be wrong, and I frequently am, but I (Russell) think we will be home for our 40th.  As I look back over the events of the past six years I am so grateful for my wife and missionary companion.  As we have worked together daily, I have grown to love and respect her in ways and to an extent that I don’t think would have been possible had we remained at home working at our separate jobs/endeavors.  I have been truly blessed!

As we have mentioned in the past, Eileen plays the piano for the primary meetings on Sunday.  A month ago a family moved in that had several children.  Their youngest child, a six year-old is very shy and was unwilling to go into primary without her mother.  From that first week Eileen has tried to make friends with the little girl.  For the last several Sundays the little girl has been willing to go into primary provided she sits next to Eileen as she plays the piano.  Today they made additional progress.  During a part of primary Eileen took her and they sat together with her class – Eileen between her and the rest of the class.  While it may seem like a small thing to others, to the little girl Eileen’s efforts matter.  
Engagement photo

This was taken during our better years

At the wedding of Eileen's sister

Our wedding reception-photo taken July 28th
All our living parents and grandparents-taken in Boulder, Colorado
We have aged a bit
Eileen with young primary girl after church

For our anniversary Eileen took a squash lesson. It was fun, but was a very hard workout


No comments:

Post a Comment